Friday, May 8, 2015

Barnes and Noble Cafe

The view from the second story Barnes and Noble Cafe at the Downtown Centre in SLO is not to be missed.  It opens at 9:00 A.M.  and serves a variety of breakfast choices and Starbucks coffees for your early morning pleasure.  Joan went "fancy" with a tall caramel macchiato with nonfat milk and nonfat syrup with a caramel drizzle.  With all that nonfat going on, it was practically dietetic!  Ha!  It was $4.25, not too sweet, and with a slight hint of caramel flavor, which, Joan said, got more flavorful as it cooled down.  Sheila had her usual tall regular coffee, no sugar, no cream, no nothing, but that's the way she likes it.  Maybe someday...  Anyway, it was very satisfying and with her Barnes and Noble membership it was 10% off and cost $1.75.  Menus on the tables conveniently let customers know what drinks and food selections there are.  These include baked goods, desserts, sandwiches, soups, and quiches.

                                 The view out the window is fun and great for people watching!
 There are a number of comfortable chairs and tables for enjoying a coffee respite during your busy, or not so busy  day.
     

                             Think About It: The following is a link to a free and excellent e-newsletter called Just One Thing, which suggests a simple practice each week for more joy and peace of mind. We highly recommend it.  rickhanson.net 

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know that there is a discount with a Barnes and Noble card. I gave up my teachers card for a B &N Kids Club card (a grandma thing). Does the Starbucks at B&N still have Cheesecake Factory baked goods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they have a variety of cheesecakes, but I didn't take note of where they're from. Maybe it's on their website. Thanks for reading our blog!

      Delete
  2. Doesn't look like it's changed too much since I worked there 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Friday I went into Barnes and Noble to have a cup of coffee to help recover from my morning run. As I was about to sit down with a small pile of guitar magazines, I heard my name being called from a prime window seat in the cafe. I looked over and saw two precious, sweet women enjoying their friendship and a cup of coffee. All I could think of at that moment was, life is good, really good. It was such a joy to meet you there. Rose Ann and I looked at all of you Blog posts this morning. Wow, kudos to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jimmy! It was great seeing you, too! Joan and I are having great fun doing the blog, and it gives us an excuse to get together, too.

      Delete
  4. My wife used to work at B&N. I miss the employee discount she was able to use at the cafe. Overall, the drink offerings are on par with any standalone Starbucks location, but the food items are different. I recently had a farmers wrap at the B&N cafe and found it to be somewhat disappointing. The cheesecakes, however, are really good.

    ReplyDelete